Saturday, August 6, 2011

One year anniversary

Today, exactly one year ago, I started my big adventure that somehow led me to Holly. There isn't much adventure in my life today. Actually, I'm bored, trying to entertain my new cat, and I'm resting my legs after 2 5 hour shifts of running around trying to figure out where all the clothes was supposed to hang at my new job.

I miss America. I can't seem to settle down again, I miss hanging out with Holly, I miss Terra Nova, overall, I just miss Tonkawa. Okay, I don't miss the heat at all, whatsoever. Actually, it's a bliss to hang out here in Denmark in 70-80 degree weather and rain all the time.

In 5 days I start a new adventure, well, if three years of school is an adventure. I'm ready to meet new people again but I don't know if I'm ready for the constant flow of homework. I'm ready to turn 18 so I can get my drivers license, I'm ready to go to America to see everyone again, I'm ready for Holly to come to Denmark, but until then I'm gonna have to deal with what I have, which sounds really depressing and bad, but it really isn't.

I'm amazed at how I have friendships in Denmark that just picked up where we left off. I'm still one of them! I don't know what I expected, to be an outcast or something like that, but I'm not for which I'm grateful.

Today I had my first encounter with a Jehova's Witness. It was odd, apparently they don't believe in the Trinity and that if you turn away from God for a period of time and come back, he doesn't love you anymore. They don't believe that everyone who believes in God goes to heaven either. Like I said, it was odd.

Holly, I miss you, I hope to come see you before next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment