Saturday, June 11, 2011

Don't fall into the ocean...who knows what's out there?

If I'm allowed to, I'd like to share a memory.
A memory that I hold so dear to my heart.
I will cherish it forever, I've decided.

I was headed to a trip to the art museum, one in which was extremely unplanned, but thanks to Nanna, I was getting to go. I rushed to pick her up and make it on time...being 8:01 yet we continued to sit there for probably thirty more minutes waiting on someone who wasn't even going. In the hustle and bustle, I forgot my headphones. At the time, I thought death. Being stuck on a bus with a ton of other high schoolers somewhat more annoying than myself put a small shiver down my spine. Then, Nanna said, "You can share mine." So thanks to our wonderfully alike taste in music I accepted to drown out at least one earful of morning high school squeals. (I'm not any "holier than thou" person but I was in one of those "I'm gonna drown out the noise around me with my music" kinda moods.)
As we were making our way there, I heard the unmistakable piano chords of Jon Thurlow begin to play on her iPod. (For those who don't know, Jon Thurlow is a man who plays for International House of Prayer in Kansas City, Missouri. And let me tell ya, he's a man of God.) I then heard "An' I know that Your eyes are like flames of fire, I know that Your head is white as wool, an' I know that your voice it sounds like waters, Jesus You're beautiful. Now, seemingly that just is a worship song, yeah? Well into the pool of surreal reality did I fall into at that moment. Simply listening to the song proclaiming the hunger for God playing into our ears, drew me near to tears of joy and happiness.

God has done such a work in you Nanna Ellegaard Poulsen, and it nearly kills me how much you've grown into such a beautiful person. You've come farther spiritually in such a short time, there's no telling what God has in store for you when you board that plane to head back to your nearly Maryland and West Virginia sized country. Don't ever cease to stop praising the man who brought you from the dust to be so stable in His eyes. Never let the faces of those around you break your beliefs. For He that is in you is greater than He that is in the world.

Hey Nanna, you are an overcomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment