Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm thinking I'm a little depressed here

I'm sitting here with an urge to blog, but I really have no idea what to blog about so here it goes:

Today, I've been thinking about Denmark. I've been thinking about America too. Perhaps I've just been thinking about my life in general. Whenever I have one of these days, questions pop up in a seemingly unending stream. It tends to make me somewhat melancholic. On days like these there are very few things that can cheer me up. One of them is Holly. Well, she's not a thing, she's a person. A girl to be more specific. The moment that I realise she's the cure, my mood lightens up a little bit.

My life in America has been extraordinary! A wise person updated his Facebook status saying "It's the people that make the places you go", and he couldn't be more right. America has changed the way I view the world and once again I'm going to say that there is no way I'm leaving this place because I want to leave. Yes, some days I feel ready to go home, but more so because I want to see the people I miss.

Every time I think about that I can't help but think how I will feel about my dear American friends when I return to Denmark. I will miss them more than anything, no doubt about that! I keep imagining that I'll feel cut off from something when I leave them, that a piece of me will be missing somehow. If we could all just live in one place and be happy (wishful thinking).

Yeah, on days like these I need someone to make my day. Like yesterday, when Holly fell on her skateboard inside her house, or last week when Colby tried to drive a stick shift. Who will my Holly and Colby be when I go back to Denmark? Questions like these just fill my head. Quite depressing indeed. I wonder if I'll ever feel ready to leave.

I know that I want to see more of this beautiful Earth, and in order to so I'll have to say goodbye or see you later once in a while no matter how much I despise it. It's yucky and I'm definitely not going to look forward to it. As Holly would say "lets not talk about that yet".

No comments:

Post a Comment