Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yeah I haven't thought that through yet

Welcome.
The concept...we're getting deep here. This blog is a blog. SHOCKING? No, actually we were two strangers. Nanna Ellegaard from Lunderskov, Denmark and Holly Joy from Tonkawa, America who met when Holly was at football practice and Nanna wasn't able to participate in Cross Country activities due to shin splints. Practices for football lasted hours, so there was plenty of time to talk and get to know one another. Shortly, we realized we were practically the same person but not. The common likeness of our personalities was completely ridiculous. Now we're going to each give our separate sides of becoming two people who had no idea of each other to two people who never want to lose contact.

I truly don't remember when we became so close. It definitely had something to do with the end of football season to beginning basketball. Nanna was playing and I began to give her rides home due to her impatience for other people and their rides. Slowly and surely, we became close but not nearly as close as we currently are. Next, get her to Terra Nova. For someone who believed in science, (the story is on my other blog), she came to Terra Nova seemingly open and receptive to what we were dishing out. I remember one specific time she came. (I'm not a freak. I just remember outfits.) She had on a band t-shirt that seriously caught my eye; it was super awesome looking! Her hair was french braided to where the braid was inversely done. And, she did it herself. Already awesome in my book. At first, she seemed like she liked it but didn't want a part of our "religious"ness. (We actually aren't religious..) Then on September 19, 2010 I was playing an alter call and our guest speaker went to pray for her. I felt compelled to go to her but couldn't do so... I came to find out later, she gave her life to Jesus that night. Afterwards, I sent her a text. A few weeks later, she joined our band and that had to have been the best decision that has ever been made. Seeing her grow in Christ and our friendship has also made me smile so big. Our friendship is one to cherish and I know that.

That right there is just the beginning.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment